Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

My Doctor's Take on Birth Plans

So while I was at the Doctor's office yesterday I asked his opinion on Birth Plans {you may recall this post that I did}. It took him a second to respond. I think he wanted to watch his words carefully. He basically summed up his reply by saying, "If you want me to dress up and cluck like a chicken than that's what I'll do if you think it will make your labor experience better".

I think I would totally take him up on that offer, just to see if he really would do it, IF it wasn't for the fact that he will be the first person that my child will see when she's out of the womb and she may turn around and climb back into my uterus if she sees this scary bright yellow furry bird gripping her to come towards the light....

My Doctor did tell me about a woman who had in her birth plan that she did not want to be connected to an IV but that she wanted an epidural when she was at 2 cm. Apparently it just doesn't work like that. I've concluded that my birth plan will be a short wish list rather than a long drawn out one. Between my mouth piece and having my husband and mother with me - and the knowledgeable, well-trained Doctors and nurse staff - I'm confident I will be in good hands.

But I still may ask my Doctor to cluck like a chicken for kicks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...