Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Planning a Vacation to Spain!!

If you've been a reader of my blog for a long time, than you know how much I love, love, love to travel. I've been to so many places in the world and take utter delight in submerging myself in the beauty of new countries and cultures. The last European country that Dele and I ventured to was to Prague {in the Czech Republic}, and Vienna {Austria} for our honeymoon two years ago. Since having Ilah, we still travel, but our destinations aren't as far. When she was just three months old, we took her to Canada {where we spent Easter last year} but that's as far as her travels have taken her so far.

Dele and I consider ourselves to be good stewarts over our finances. We are very mindful of how we spend our money and pride ourselves on adhering to our monthly budget and saving hard for the future. But that's not to say that we also don't like to play hard! We believe that life is meant to be lived to its fullest and passions are meant to be pursued. Every dollar that we have ever spent traveling has been worth it. We have found so much fulfillment in seeing the world, one place at a time, and our hearts are always yearning to go somewhere new. So this September, we will be traveling to Spain!!

After a great amount of research, we will be staying in Madrid, and will take few side trips to neighboring areas.


So why Spain? Truth be told, I never real had an interest to go to Spain. But after seeing ongoing great fare deals being offered from Atlanta non-stop to Spain, I thought I should perhaps consider it. Further research showed me that scoring great airfare meant that it would cost less money to go to Spain than it would to travel to the West Coast. And then once I looked into Spain, and discovered how affordable it is to vacation there, it sealed the deal.


{Madrid's cool looking airport}

We are so excited to venture to Spain and soak in various parts of its beautiful country!....
And you all know how much I love to eat!! I can't wait to go Tapas hopping!!
Dele and I rented an apartment when we stayed in Prague and absoutely LOVED it!! We found one that was so spacious, so beautiful, so affordable {way cheaper than staying in a hotel!} and it was in the heart of the city. It was such a great experience that we said that from now on, when venturing to Europe, renting an apartment is the way to go! So this time around, we are doing just that. I couldn't believe how GORGEOUS and how CHEAP the apartments are in Madrid! This particular one is just 80 Euro!....


Dele really enjoys photography and I know he will be in heaven taking pictures in Spain!....

Add Image
I can't wait to walk through the streets, do a little shopping, and do my best to converse with the Spaniards!


Walking down the streets at nightime, with a wrm churro in hand, seeing beautifully lit up buildings and architecture, is probably going to make me not want to come home! There's nothing like Europe's charm!

Have any of you ever been to Spain? How about to Madrid? If so, how did you like it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...