Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Holy Art Project, Batman! Saint Madonna as seen by Soasig Chamalliard

Wonderful art project by french artist, Soasig Chamalliard called "Apparitions" (spotted by davidogre).

In the artists's own words:
“I’m a french Artist looking for art galleries in Paris or in others countries to make known my work. About my work I just can say that I don’t use Holy Marie as my subject to shock a catholic public. I like to play with icons like a children with his toys, to try to understand the world which surrounds me.

As P.Auster said, ‘The true goal of art is not to create beautiful objects: it is a method of reflexion, a means of apprehending the universe and of finding its place there’. It’s a truth for me. I try to do that with my sensitivity.” – Soasig Chamaillard


Super Madonna


Geisha Madonna


Barbie Madonna


Chameleon Madonna


Madonna of Guidance


Fruit & Veggie Madonna


Kissing Madonnas


Diversion Madonna


Cut here Madonna


Self-portrait with Madonna

Soasig Chamalliard was born in 1976.
Attended the Beaux-Artes from 1996-2000.

I do believe most of these belong in private collections and are no longer for sale.
However, you can reach the artist via e-mail at the address at soasig.chamalliard@gmail.com

See the artist's myspace page here.
The actual site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...